Whatsapp is the biggest chat app in the world right now. Alot of people use it but do you know How you can change font style in WhatsApp? We have the answer and some ways to do so. Sometimes one get bored of the default whatsapp text style and wants to change it. You may want to write in a different style to get attention or to try something new.
In this article we will discuss some WhatsApp font tricks to make text bold, italic, fancy, etc to make your conversations interesting.
Change Font To Monospace in WhatsApp
Other than its default font WhatsApp also supports an alternative font called Monospace. You can easily send messages in that font by following the steps below:
- Open WhatsApp in your device.
- Open chat where you want to send message.
- To change font to monospace of any written text just insert three ” ` ” on both ends of the text. For example: to write “example of monospace text” in monospace just type,
```example of monospace```
Make text Bold in WhatsApp
Sometime to make things clear or to highlight an important part of your chat you want to bold it out. You can easily bold the whole text or a part of it in whatsapp by following the steps below:
- Open WhatsApp in your device.
- Open chat where you want to send a message.
- While typing message just insert two single ” * ” characters surrounding any text written. For example: To make “example of bold text” in bold just type: *example of bold text*
- That’s all now you can send bold message.
In this way you can format your text in bold partly or completely.
Make text Italic in WhatsApp
To make text italic the procedure is very similar to bold formatted text. Below are the steps listed to convert simple text to italic:
- Open whatsapp just like normal.
- Open any chat you want to send message in.
- While typing message just instert two “_” surrounding text or part of message you want to format as italic. For example: To convert “example of italic text” to italic form, just type: _example of italic text_ .
- Simply send the message.
So, finally you have learned to make italic text too.
Make text Strikethrough in WhatsApp
You can also put a line on the text in WhatsApp popularly known as strikethrough. Just follow the easy steps below:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Go to any chat where you want to send strikethrough message.
- While typing message insert ” ~ ” two single characters on both ends of the text. For example: To make “example of strikethrough” strikethrough just type ~example of strikethrough~ .
- Finished now send message.
This is how you can make strikethrough text too.
Italic,Bold and Strikethrough Combined in WhatsApp
Another very interesting font style or text style is the combination of all (italic,bold and strikethrough) that you can also use in your chat. There is also no rocket science in using it as there are a few easy steps for you to follow below:
- Open your WhatsApp.
- Go to any chat.
- While typing message insert ” ~_* ” these characters on both ends of the text. For example: To make “example of combined text” bold,italic and strikethrough just type ~_*example of combined text*_~ .
- All Done
Note: Be careful of the sequence of characters while formatting text to all styles. If you have inserted this ~_* at start then insert this *_~ at end.
Alternative Built-in way to make text Italic,Bold,Strikethrough and Monospace
There is also an built-in way to make text bold,italic,strikethrough and monospace. You will not need any character to do so. Just select the text you want to format and click on the selected text to show menu. For Android press the three-dot icon and choose whatever you want like bold, italic etc. For iPhone you can tap BIU and select from the options you want text to look like.
Use different font styles in WhatsApp chat (3rd-party way)
Above we talked about WhatsApp’s own solutions for changing text style. But let’s now talk about a third party way that you can use for more font styles having fancy characters and symbols.
We will be talking about a stylish text generator . These usually use Unicode characters, numbers, symbols etc. So you or receiver don’t need some other app to understand as Unicode is supported by most platforms. Note that this way is very similar to changing font in Twitter.
Follow the steps below to send text messages on WhatsApp in different font styles:
- First of all open this website Stylish Text Maker (works on both desktop/mobile)
- Type any text you want in different style. You will get a lot of different style variations below.
- Just press copy button near to your favorite style.
- Open your WhatsApp and go to any chat.
- Paste the copied text and that’s all.
You can easily open this website on your android phone/iOS/desktop browser. You don’t have to download another resource from here and also you won’t be redirected to another page. Easily bookmark it for later use.
So these were a few WhatsApp font tricks and if you know about some more then drop a comment below.